The Flamingo Las Vegas was built in 1946 as the first luxury hotel built in Las Vegas. It was in this hotel where they filmed the original Ocean’s Eleven in 1960.
The hotel has a “wildlife habitat” including flamingos and other species of birds and fish. You can visit for free during the day.
In size the Flamingo Las Vegas is not far behind, with more than 7,000 square feet of casino, 3,626 rooms, three swimming pools and a Jacuzzi.
The Flamingo Las Vegas is a hotel casino located on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada and is owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment. The property offers a 77,000 sq ft (7,200 m2) casino along with 3,626 hotel rooms. The 15-acre (6.1 ha) site’s architectural theme is reminiscent of the Art Deco and Streamline Moderne style of Miami and South Beach, with a garden courtyard housing a wildlife habitat featuring flamingos. It was the third resort to open on the Strip, and the oldest resort on the Strip still in operation today. The Flamingo Las Vegas has a Las Vegas Monorail station at the rear of the property. Source
The Flamingo Las Vegas Today
Today the best of this hotel is its location, we can say that the Flamingo Las Vegas is the center of the life of the Strip. Most of the hotel rooms, except the rebuilt new rooms, look quite decadent and we do not recommend staying there.
What Do People Have to Say About This Hotel?2 weeks agoNegatives: 1. Wrinkled, worn-out disgusting carpeting in the main hotel room hallways on every floor. 2. Room Service does a terrible job cleaning the rooms. Dust all over the floors. 3. Rooms themselves are renovated but bathrooms are very dated …More2 months ago
While my 15 yr. old daughter was in the room doing some online summer school a male employee removed the DND sign from the keyslot and entered the room. My wife understandably freaks out and demands an early checkout. Sarah the front desk manager …More
Important Details About The Flamingo Las Vegas
- Casino: Yes. The main casino is 77,000 square feet. It features games including blackjack, Blazing Sevens, Caribbean Stud poker, craps, million-dollar keno, Let It Ride, Pai Gow, poker, roulette, 2,100 slots, Megabucks and Super Megabucks. The casino has a poker room. There’s also a 15,000-square-foot expansion called the Margaritaville Casino. It’s themed with Jimmy Buffett’s laid-back island vibe and boasts an additional 220 slot machines and 22 table games.
- Race & Sports Book: Yes, a 100-seat race and sports book, equipped with 63 televisions and six big screens.
- Restaurants: The Flamingo Las Vegas has the following dining options: Tropical Breeze Cafe, Paradise Garden Buffet, Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville, Carlos’n Charlie’s, Hamada of Japan, Beach Club, The Pink Bean, Flamingo Food Court, Promenade Food Court and the Center Cut Steakhouse.
- Entertainment: A variety of shows and live entertainment including George Wallace, Donny and Marie, Legends in Concert, Vinnie Favorito and X Burlesque. At XBU – X Burlesque University guests can learn how to apply showgirl make-up, dance in high heels and other fun tips for mastering the art of being sexy on stage.
- Nightlife: Sin City Brewing Co., Margaritaville, Garden Bar, Bugsy’s Bar, Carlos’n Charlie’s bar and Lobby Bar.
- Attractions: The Flamingo Las Vegas Wildlife Habitat features live Chilean flamingos and more.
- Pool: Yes, a 15-acre pool area with three pools and a Jacuzzi. The hotel also offers Go Pool, a pool club for guests 21 and older.
- Health Club or Fitness Equipment: Yes.
- Tennis Courts: No.
- Spa: Yes, The Spa offers massages and services. The Alexandra Noel Salon is located outside of the spa in the hotel.
- Shops: D’Finess, Promenade Gift Shop, Flamingo Apparel & Shoes, Go Sexy, The Strip Store, Landau, Destinations, Yves Chantre, Ethel M, The Pearl Factory, Smuggler’s Margaritaville, Luxury at $10, The UPS Store, Mrs. Fields, TCBY and Java Detour.
- Wedding Services: Yes, The Garden Wedding Chapel offers a number of wedding ceremony packages.
- Business Center: Yes.
- Convention Rooms: Yes.
- Child-care Facilities: No.
- Room Service: Yes.
- Pets Allowed: Yes. Dogs 50 pounds and under are allowed. A maximum of two dogs are allowed. You must book the special pet room category. There is a refundable deposit. Deposit will be refunded pending no damages.
- In-Room Internet Access: Yes, it’s included in the resort fee. Click here for details.
- Hotel Amenities: Hertz Rent-a-Car desk, beauty salon and barber shop, concierge, currency exchange, luggage, maid and room service, dog relief area, arcade area, oxygen bar, safety deposit box and wake-up calls.
- Parking Garage: Yes, a seven-story parking garage.
- RV Park: No.
- Shuttle Service to the airport: No.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip: The Las Vegas monorail route includes stops at: MGM Grand, Bally’s/Paris, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah’s/The Quad, Las Vegas Convention Center, LVH and Sahara Avenue.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Check-in Time: 4 p.m.
- Check-out Time: 11 a.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room: 21 years.
- Policies: The maximum total number of guests (adults and children) in a room is four. An extra person charge is applied for more than two guests in a room (even if the additional guest is a child).
- Incidental Charges: Hotel requires a credit card or a cash deposit for incidental charges.
- Resort Fee: Flamingo Las Vegas has a $18.00 per room, per night resort fee. Tax may or may not be included. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel at check-in.The resort fee includes:
- Fitness center access for two people per day.
- Daily in-room internet access for one device.
- All local calls. Source